Thursday, September 1, 2016

Lots To Do In Lititz Before Leaving for Out West!

Wednesday Ken was up early and by 7:30 he left to take the CRV to Marty's Garage to have the fluids checked, oil changed, and tire rotated.  His friend, Gary, picked him up so they could have breakfast together while Marty was working on our car.  

I went for a walk around Lititz using my new pedometer (I had forgotten to take off the old one when I went in the pool and it was busted!).  I treated myself when I got back to one of my oat bran muffins and a cup of chai on the deck while reading the newspaper - a tough life!  I did spend time trying to figure out which campgrounds we had made reservations at several weeks ago. Unfortunately we lost the paper where we had written that information!  So now we need to "retrace our steps"!  I also sent an e-mail to Sam, our service rep at Lazydays, for more direction when stopping at their "sister place" near Denver, CO.

After lunch we went to Masonic Homes to play cards with Mom and Dad from 1 to 4:30.  It was another victorious day for the men.  Not sure what is going on but Mom and I did win the last game, probably the most important one!!!!

We stopped at Batteries Plus on the way home to get a new battery for Ken's phone.  It is not holding a charge, so a new one was needed.  After a quick dinner of leftovers, Ken read and I watched America's Got Talent!

Thursday we planned to go for a walk when we got up but it was raining.  Ken left at 8 to go to the bank and then to Hurst's Tires for 4 new tires and an alignment for our CRV, probably a good thing for heading out west! (It was a recommendation from Marty yesterday. While Ken was gone I cleaned the apartment.  Upon his return we both expressed our frustration with all the "stuff" that is cluttering the apartment and decided it was time to take some of the extra things that we won't be taking along on this trip to our friend Polly's basement.  So we contacted her, loaded the CRV, and off we went - she only lives about 1 mile from our apartment!  We are so grateful that she will allow us to store things there when needed.  We had a nice visit with Polly.

By 1:30 we were at The Olive Garden for lunch with Jim Spahr and his wife, Judy.  We graduated from high school with Jim and have only seen them a few times since then.  What must have had a nice time together for we only left the restaurant at 4:00.  From there Ken and I went to Ken's favorite store, Costco! I had many of our current photos developed to replace the ones in frames in the apartment and Waldo.  That is what I spent the evening doing - changing the pictures!  Ken took a long walk.

We felt good about everything we accomplished and the people we visited these last 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment