Saturday, November 26, 2016

We are in Florida!!! Hallelujah!

Ken and I were on our way out of the CG at 6:30 this morning after a great night's rest.  I guess we were tired.  We decided to wait and eat breakfast in Waldo at a rest stop somewhere along the way.

It was another great driving day with plenty of sunshine and a temperature of 43 when we left and up to 70 when we arrived at the CG in Florida. The sunrise was beautiful!  


I wish you could see the beautiful reflections in the lake at
the CG.  We were leaving the park when I took this photo!

If the windshield wouldn't be so dirty this would be a much
better picture!


In between those 2 locations, we drove through 4 states - Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and then through most of the Panhandle of Florida.  I don't have a Welcome to Mississippi because of the dirty windshield it wasn't readable!  






These pictures were taken in Alabama -

An amazing welcome center!

Love the pictures on the building.  We stopped here to have
our lunch in Waldo!

Cruise ships leave from this port near Mobile!

This is the skyline of Mobile, Alabama!

More of the same!




The seagulls liked something that was
aboard this fishing boat!



Now for some photos from the Panhandle of Florida -


We are starting to see some colorful leaves!  Hope we
see more as we head north!

I think this was East Bay!  Lots of water!!!!

Near Pensacola , Florida and the Naval Base!  Actually this
was at the Rest Stop along I-10

We covered 425 miles in about 9 1/2 hours arriving at Jellystone CG in Madison, Florida around 5.  (We lost an hour when changing to Eastern Time!) I talked to Noela several times throughout the day and they are staying about 150 miles to the west of us on Interstate 10 in Florida.

This CG is conveniently located right off Interstate 10 and accepts Passport America, so we were thrilled with $30.00 for the night.  The sight is large and level so the CRV can stay connected to Waldo - that saves time in the morning. We had planned to arrive at Lazydays in Tampa on Monday, but with Ken's good driving and traffic being very manageable, we will be at Lazydays by lunchtime tomorrow if all goes well and we leave early.  It is in the 80's in Tampa, so we are excited to get to Lazydays.  Also, we have plenty to do to be ready to leave early Tuesday morning including decided what goes home and loading the CRV, laundry, and defrosting the refrigerator.  Waldo could also use a good cleaning before we leave.  Having a extra day to complete these tasks will be so helpful!

Ken grilled tonight while I made salads.  We called our card club friends who were together to watch Penn State win another football game and add to their fantastic winning season.

Spent the evening downloading photos and working on the blog.  It seems like I do that everyday!  I enjoy doing it, but sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming!

2 comments:

  1. I recognize many of the places. Mobile and even the rest stop with the Blue Angels plane. It all depends which airport I'm using. You have made good time. When I drove to AL in February,that was 2 1/2 days! I was doing max speed...alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize many of the places. Mobile and even the rest stop with the Blue Angels plane. It all depends which airport I'm using. You have made good time. When I drove to AL in February,that was 2 1/2 days! I was doing max speed...alone!

    ReplyDelete