Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Wednesday - Fun in the Morning and Then a Work Day!

Today I was signed up to participate in a pickleball tournament here in the CG. So, I was at the court by 8 along with lots of other players.  There were 7 ladies teams and 11 men teams.  I was excited to play and all I hoped was that I didn't embarrass myself.  Each team played at least 4 games before the semi-finals and finals and there were a lot of very good teams.  I played with Michelle and although we only won 1 game, we had a lot of fun.  Ken, Ernie, and Noela came to observe and offer support, and I really appreciated it.  I am definitely improving, but I have a loooong way to go!

After the tournament, which ended at noon, a luncheon was provided and gift cards were awarded to the top 3 teams.  It was a nice activity to be a part of!

Ken had spent time reading and working on the computer till I returned.  The afternoon was a busy one for us.  We spent about 2 hours discussing the section of The Purpose Driven Life Book that our small group will be reviewing together tomorrow.  Then I did some work on the blog while Ken sorted and soaked all of the treasures we had found yesterday.  Then it was time to start cleaning Wilbur.  Ken made salads while I dusted and scrubbed.  I also finished 2 sea glass pictures that I had started on Monday.

After dinner and clean-up, Ken vacuumed while I baked cookies for our small group gathering here at the CG tomorrow.  Ernie and Noela came over at 8 and we played a game of Skip-Bo.  You know, I am learning to "hate" that game.  (I know that is a strong word, but it pretty much sums up my feeling!).  For some reason, no matter what couple we play with, the men always win and by a large margin!  It is annoying!!!

I was really tired when they left and was in bed by 9:30.  I did talk to my mother earlier in the evening and they are doing very well!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment