Thursday, May 11, 2017

Wednesday - A Relaxing One for Me!

I got up by 6:45 so I could cook breakfast for Ken before he left for his volunteer job at the Mennonite Central Committee at 8:00.  I spent most of the morning recording our expenses and working on our blog.  I also talked with my sister and a member of our Life Group, Joyce.

I am trying to reserve a lot of my Wednesdays for working on my crafts for my business, Gifts From the Sea.  Amazing how easily I can get sidetracked and how much time I spend on day to day activities.  Not sure what happened, but before I knew it, Ken was home and it was lunchtime.

My sister called and they were going to be in the area and asked if they could stop by for a visit - surely.  So, I put on my activity suit and we went for our 25 minute walk.  Again, it was a comfortable walk - hallelujah!

Ken took a nap when we returned (he is still a bit congested, but getting better) while I did some spot dusting, etc.  Cindy and John arrived around 3:30 so we chatted and then played Wizard.  We invited them to stay for dinner, so Ken and I made salads for everyone and we grilled peppers, onions, and chicken for on the top.  After dinner, we played Skip-Bo, which the men won.  They left at 9:30 and it was nice to spend time with them.  We went right to bed.

Thursday, Ken was up early and left by 8:00 to have breakfast with Gary.  I spent most of the morning cleaning the apartment.  So much for craft time again!  Ken was home by 10 and on went the activity suit so we could go for another 25 minute walk.  I am so thankful that my shin and back are behaving. My shin has stopped aching, but my back is tender when I am walking with the suit.  I feel that is to be expected.  It certain has me in a different position!

After lunch, we drove to Masonic and spent from 1 to 4:30 playing Pinochle with mom and dad.  It was definitely the men's day.  Mom and I only won 1 of the 4 games.  Talk about lousy cards!  We had so few good hands!

We met out Life Group at the Manheim Diner at 5 (11 of us) to have dinner together before going less than 10 minutes down the road to the Junction Center for a Christian Concert by members of the musical teams at our Church. It was the night for launching an album they had recently recorded live.  It was a very special 1 1/2 hours of music. 

Then all of us went to McDonald's for ice cream and drinks.  We had a good time sharing the evening with special friends. Home by 9:30 and right to bed!

Just wanted to share a picture that was in a local newspaper from the County Day of Prayer in Lititz Park.  It is Ken, Rick and Eddie all from our Life Group!



This is a picture of the wool felting project when the Curvettes went to Becky's sister-in-law.  If you can't tell, this is my frog -

I didn't get his hands at quite the right
place, but come on, it is my 1st try!

No comments:

Post a Comment