Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday - Back to a "Normal" Day!

Ken got up at 5:30 to read and I woke at 6:30 and did some reading in bed.  At 7 we watched the news and then I put on my SAS ad we went for a long walk around town.  It was a very nice, sunny morning with temperatures in the upper 60's.  I felt some much better walking this morning than last evening!

After breakfast and showering, Ken worked at his desk and I cleaned up the kitchen.  From 10:30 to 11:30 we delivered for Meals on Wheels, such a special thing to do.  The folks that you deliver the meals to are so grateful!  Ken dropped me off at the apartment and he went to Ephrata to have lunch with Kevin.

I ate lunch and then started cleaning the apartment.  I got most of it done until Ken returned.  I finally decided to take the time to sit at my desk and do some "crafting", which I haven't had a chance to do for quite awhile!  I had such a good time.

Around 4:30 it got extremely windy and very dark and the rain began. Fortunately it was not a very strong storm in Lititz, but that wasn't the case in certain parts of the county.  There was lots of large hail, extreme wind, fallen trees, loss of power, and a small tornado. We felt very fortunate!

After dinner, we played three rounds of Hand and Foot (4 rounds are a game) and Ken was ahead.  We stopped so I could watch the amazing acts on America's Got Talent.  Ken saw some of it, but spent time working at his desk!
We were in bed by 10:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment