Thursday, November 2, 2017

Another Day with My Mother and Dad!

Ken did some reading before I got up at 6:45.  We had breakfast by 8:30,  Ken left for a walk, and I drove to Masonic Village to pick up my mother for her 10:00 appointment at the Women's Breast Health Center in Lancaster.  She had an abnormality and her Dr. wanted further testing.  Fortunately, she got the results right away and all is well!  She was so relieved!

We left there around 11:15 and made one stop on the way to Ken and my apartment in Lititz.  We have lived there 3 1/2 years and this was her 1st time visiting.  She was concerned that she may have trouble with the steps leading up to the apartment, but she did great!  I had made white chicken chili for lunch and Ken had the table set and the soup ready when we arrived.  We took her on the short tour of the apartment before eating and she was very complimentary of our home.

This is our view from the deck of our apartment.  Hard to
imagine that we live within 2 blocks of the downtown area.
Some of the buildings look like the wild west and the pond
is a salt water pool!
The 3 of us left at 12:45 for Masonic Village for an afternoon of card playing.  It was a gorgeous day with lots of sunshine and temperatures in the low 70's (can it be November??)!  Dad was outside on his wheelchair when we arrived and was enjoying his time in the great outdoors!

We played Pinochle from 2 to 4:30 and the men won 2 of the 3 games.  It was a fun time and mom was feeling so good after getting her good results today!

We were back home by 5:15, changed, and went for a walk around town.  It was a beautiful time to walk and so warm.

The trees around town are so beautiful!



We watched the news while eating dinner and then Ken did some reading while I recorded our expenses and worked on this blog.  I also watched Grey's Anatomy which I used to watch for years when it first started but then didn't see for a year or so.  I am enjoying following it again!

I was in bed by 9:30 because I have to be at the Surgical Center in Lancaster tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM for my routine cystoscopy.  Hopefully they won't find anything and I will not have to return for another year.  That would be great!  I will get the results of the test right away which is a blessing, but also gives me a little anxiety when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment