Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday - A Rainy Day!

Ken and I were on the road by 7:45 to go to Central York High School to attend Bria and Cali's 3 team swim meet!  We stopped at Sheetz for coffee and a pumpkin spice latte.  We arrived at the school at 8:30 and Cali was in the 1st heat which started at 8:45.  She swam 1 lap of freestyle and took 1st place in 8 and under girls.  Bria was in the 3rd event which was 2 laps of the pool for girls 9 and 10 and she placed 4th!  There were 3 teams participating, so there was quite a bit of competition!







It started really raining around 10 and continued for most of the afternoon, so it was good to be indoors.  Each of the girls competed in 4 events and Cali won 1st in 3 of her swims and her relay team took 2nd.  She actually set a team record for girls 8 and under breast stroke.  She did an amazing job!

Bria had swam one event last evening which was 20 laps of freestyle and she is only 10!  I can't imagine.  It was the 1st time she swam that many laps in competition and she did extremely well.  Today she had some great swims also and 1 race was 4 laps, another 8 laps, and also 2 laps in a relay race.  They both work really hard and just love it!  I just can't imagine swimming that many laps at one time!

The meet ended around 1:30 and Ken and I came straight home.  It was a miserable drive with heavy rain and lousy visibility!  We had planned to stop at Costco, but it was just too "ugly"!

We ate a light lunch and then I made a few sea glass pictures while Ken read.  Today was another bad leg day for me, as I had trouble putting my weight on my leg and had a tough time straightening!  I am getting a little tired of this and hoping tomorrow will be better!

After dinner, I worked on this blog and downloaded some pictures while watching College Football.  Ken "caught up" on his e-mails and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment