Friday, November 17, 2017

Thursday, Cindy's Birthday and Friday, John's!

Ken met Gary in Ephrata for breakfast and I got ready for the day's activities!  I did some clean-up and organization and then at 11 we left for a visit to Cindy and John's.  Although it is her birthday, they invited us for lunch on our way to visit Mom and Dad.  I always introduce Cindy as my older sister, but I must admit it isn't true.  She is actually 4 years younger than me!  She always says she is younger but just big for her age!!!!  We had a good time together and her chicken casserole and fresh fruit crisp were delicious!

Ken and I spent the afternoon at Masonic Homes playing 4 games of Pinochle with Mom and Dad and the men won 3 of them.  This seems to be the outcome every Thursday!  Mom and I will have to start practicing!

We were back home by 5:15 and had a light supper (still stuffed from Cindy's great lunch) and then I worked on our blog while watching Grey's Anatomy and then the Steeler's game!  I stayed up way too long, only going to bed at 11:15.  Ken was smart and retired at 10.

We were both up at 5:30 on Friday morning, Ken to read and I got ready to meet my Curvette ladies at 6:30 for breakfast in Ephrata.  Only 5 of us were there, but we had a fun time.  I was back home by 8:20 and Ken left to spend the morning volunteering at the Mennonite Resource Center.  He normally works only on Wednesdays, but they were short of help for today and asked if he would be willing to work.  He really enjoys his work there and was very happy to go.

I spent the morning cleaning and scouring the apartment.  Ken and I had lunch together when he got back home and then I did some wash and crafting.  It was a very cold, windy day, so we decided it was not a good day for walking.  Also, for some reason, my leg was a "problem" today and I had trouble walking, so I don't think I could have gone for a walk even if the weather was favorable!  Not sure what is going on, but it certainly causes me pain, but fortunately only when I walk.  Hopefully it will get better quickly!

Ken grilled burgers for dinner and I made us salads.  We left at 6:00 to go to 10,000 Villages in Ephrata to hear a 3 piece musical group with 2 of the musicians being guys that graduated in our high school class and played football with Ken.  They had played at Ken's retirement party 3 1/2 years ago, so we really enjoy hearing them sing and play.  We had planned to meet Fred and Doloris there and were pleasantly surprised when Sam and Kathy were there too.    The 6 of us always have a good time together!




The 6 of us (Ken is taking the picture) had such a good time
together and The Chestnuts are very entertaining!

The music ended at 8:30 and Ken and I went to Fred and Doloris' house and played 2 games of Haus.  The women won both of them by a large margin!  There were a lot of good laughs during the evening!

We only got home at 11:15 and we went right to bed.  I had only slept about 5 1/2 hours last night, so I was extremely tired and ready for a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment