Thursday, November 2, 2017

Tuesday and Wednesday in Our Home Area!

Tuesday was a cooler day but a sunny one!  Ken left early to have breakfast with Gary while I got ready for the day and finished packing up craft supplies to take to Masonic Village for a day of crafting with my mother.

Ken returned at 9:15 and then we left for Masonic.  We stopped at Subway to get lunch for Mom and I and Ken got us drinks at Turkey Hill.   I had plenty of supplies to take up to my mother's room, plus the food, so Ken graciously went with me.  We had gotten there at 10 and Mom and I quickly set-up our work space for making greeting cards and we kept busy all day.  It is amazing how long it can take to get an idea for a card, find the right combination of paper, the matching colors in ink and markers, and then actually putting them together!  We kept so busy we actually forgot (or didn't take the time!) to eat dinner.

Ken had a busy day meeting with a friend, working at his desk, and then going to CR in the evening where he got a certificate for the completion of his Step Study Class!  The 5 men he took the class with were all there to get their certificates too and then they each got to speak about why they took the class and how it helped them.  I am so proud of Ken for all the hard work he did for those 6 months!

He left CR at 9 and drove to Masonic Homes to pick me up after a full day with my mother.  We had such a good time together.  My sister called while I was there and we always joke with each other about being mom's favorite daughter.  After we hung up she texted me and said I was trying to bribe mom by spending the day with her so I could steal the title from her of "Favorite Daughter".  I texted her back that I didn't have to steal it because I already "owned" it!  I am so blessed to have such a special sister and the loving relationship we have.  

We were home by 10:15 and wanted to watch the World Series.  We did stay up till about 11:15 and then we were too tired to watch the end, so off to bed we went!

Today, Wednesday, was a seasonal day with plenty of sunshine and milder temperatures.  I helped Ken with his breakfast and then I showered while he ate and read the paper.  He left at 8 for his work at MCC.

I decided to spend some time in the kitchen making salads for tonight and tomorrow and then cleaning up around the house.  I had all the craft supplies to put away that I had taken to Mom's and there were plenty of them!  I also planned my menu for when I have ladies card club here on Monday and made a grocery list.  Somehow I kept busy until Ken returned around 12:45.

After eating lunch, I left for Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart, only returning around 4.  Ken spent that time working at his desk.  I made a pot of white chicken chili and then starting cleaning the apartment.

Ken grilled salmon and steak for dinner, we played 2 rounds of Hand and Foot, and then we watched the World Series!  It is exciting, but we had to go to bed before it was over, just to tired to see who won the title!

I did talk to Joyce who is in Florida and to Jane Good whose husband Alton had a stroke about 8 weeks ago.  Both are members of our Life Group.  Right now members of our Life Group are having some health concerns so there are a lot of ongoing prayers this week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment